In 1957, a group of interested parents felt the need and saw the value of establishing a parent participation nursery school in Campbell. Lillian McCall and Shirley Rosen, served as the first Director and President. After much thought and hard work, the nursery school began classes in February, 1958. At that time, our home was the First Baptist Church of Campbell, also known as the Grange Hall 109 North First Street. That very summer the church was sold and the Grange Hall was unable to offer its facilities to us any longer. The nursery school had to find a new location. In November,1958 classes once again opened in the Sunday School rooms of the Campbell Methodist Church. We then established our affiliation with the Adult Education Division of the Campbell High School District. Helen Riedel joined Lillian McCall as co-director that year and in September of 1959 Helen Riedel assumed the role as Director of our school.
In the Spring of 1962 the Methodist Church sought to meet the growing need for nursery school education and begun plans to establish its own nursery school. After a great deal of effort on the part of the families of Campbell Parents Participation Preschool that summer made it possible for us to lease the property at our present address. We became a non-profit corporation in July 1962 and opened in September with full enrollment in three classes. It was a happy day for all concerned on April 11, 1963 when the final papers were signed, and we became owners of the property.
In these early years, families worked many long summertime hours to build a playground and create a wonderful preschool. The school prospered with full enrollment in the following years. Thanks to the founding families of Campbell Parents Participation Preschool, CPPP has been providing a place for children to learn and grow while receiving individualized attention from parents and teachers for more than 50 years.